At In His Presence Church you will find that our leadership team is unlike any other. Pastor Mel Ayres moved to southern California in 1977, where he had a successful acting career for 10 years. He met his wife Pastor Desiree Ayres, in an acting class. She eventually went on to become one of Hollywood’s most successful stuntwoman. After marrying in 1983, continuing to find favor in their careers, they began to feel the call of God to leave the Entertainment Industry, and launch out into ministry.
Pastor Mel and Desiree Ayres started In His Presence Church in Studio City in 1992, with only 30 people in attendance. From there, God continued to move in their lives and propel their ministry forward. On April 20th, 2003 In His Presence Church moved to its current location in Woodland Hills.
After much prayer and fasting, the pastors knew their vision of spreading the word of God across the nation was a top priority. They encourage and mentor pastors and leaders not only in the Los Angeles area but throughout the world.
"Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint; but happy is he who keeps the law." Proverbs 29:18 NKJV
In 2000, Pastor Mel and Desiree successfully planted three churches in India. A couple of years after that they supported and sent out Pastors Michael and Carol Hart to Thailand to start ZOE International - this organization brings the love and hope of Jesus Christ to children who have been victimized through human trafficking. With the love and help of their congregation they still support this organization today.
Zoe International: https://gozoe.org/
- Genesis 1:26 | GOD In one God, eternal existing in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- Psalm 19:7-11 | The Bible The Bible, in its entirety, is the Divinely inspired, only infallible, authoritative Word of God. All Scripture is inspired by God, and it was written by human authors under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
- Philippians 2:6-11 | Jesus The virgin birth of Jesus Christ, is the Son of God. He is co-equal with the Father. He lived a sinless life and was the perfect sacrifice to atone for our sins. He rose from the dead, declaring His victory over death, hell, and the grave. He has ascended into heaven, where He is now seated at the right hand of the Father.
- Romans 3:23 | Salvation All have sinned and come short of God’s glory and are in need of forgiveness which is solely available through the shed blood of Jesus.
- 1 John 1:9 | Repentance Through repentance and confession of sins to God, every person is forgiven and cleansed from all unrighteousness and is given eternal life.
- Matthew 28:19 | Baptism Water baptism is an outward symbolic sign and testimony that demonstrates that Jesus died for our sin and was raised by the power of the Spirit. In baptism, we are identifying with His death and resurrection.
- Acts 2:41-42 | Communion In the regular observance of the Lord’s Supper.
- Mark 16:15-20 | Healing Healing is provided by Christ's redemptive work on the cross.
- Hebrews 6:1 | Holy Spirit The baptism of the Holy Spirit, with initial evidence of speaking in tongues, will be given to every believer who asks. In addition, every believer is filled with and empowered by the Holy Spirit to live a sanctified and holy life. The believer is also to be a witness for Christ.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 | The Return In the personal and imminent return of the Lord.
- Revelation 20:11-15 | The Last Day Resurrection of both the saved and the lost; believers to everlasting life and unbelievers, to separation from God.
When you walk into In His Presence Church you can expect to be greeted by one of our many greeters who will welcome you in with a smile and a hug. It is our priority to make you feel welcomed and comfortable. We offer uplifting music, a strong teaching that is relevant to the issues you face in life, and programs for children of all ages. If you need prayer or someone to talk to, our pastoral staff and leadership team are available to pray with you after each service. All first time guest will receive a blessing bag that we hope will be a sweet reminder of In His Presence Church.
We have two services on Sunday, at 9 am and 11 am. Our Wednesday service begins at 7pm. Each service is approximately 90 minutes long and start promptly at the given service time.
There is no dress code so please feel free to dress in whatever style you are comfortable in. Our congregations tends to come dressed anywhere from casual to dressy.
We encourage you to bring a Bible with you. Our congregation tends to use an actual Bible, but there are many who read off of their Ipad and their phones.
In His Presence is a non-denominational church.
We have a room for infants and classrooms for toddlers all the way up to 5th grade. You are always welcome to keep your children in service with you, but we highly encourage our guests to take advantage of the fun, safe, and exciting programs we offer for your children. They are free and you do not need to be a member for them to participate. Plus, your kids will have a lot more fun.
6th grade – 8th grade can attend the Jr. High service and 9th – 12th grade students can attend the High School Service. It is a fun and exciting place for teens to come, hangout, and hear about God.
If you have any questions, please stop by the information center in the lobby and our greeters will gladly assist you in answering any questions you have.